Boom (Crane) Operator
Website Industrial Roofing Company
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Lewiston, ME
IRC is seeking experienced Boom (Crane) Operators to join our team. Skilled operators who are motivated, hard-working, ready to operate the equipment, and can provide quality solutions in material handling should apply today!
- $25-$35/hr depending on experience
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Fresh air, honest work, and good company
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maneuver and position loads over designated areas in a smooth, safe manner
- Utilize load charts to determine load and radius capabilities of the crane
- Manipulate or depress crane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement per written, verbal, or sign instructions
- Lift, position, and place machinery, equipment, or other large objects at construction sites
- Perform daily safety inspection of crane and recognize possible problem areas such as worn cables, worn bands on hoisting mechanisms, broken gears, housing, etc.
- Have general knowledge of construction rigging, use of slings, cable chokers, spreader bars, multi-part load blocks, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated, responsible, and reliable
- Be able to carry 75lbs
- Able to work outdoors with prolonged exposure
- Physical ability to walk, step, climb and use vertical ladders up to 10′ or more
- Comfort working at elevated heights
Industrial Roofing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.