As the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts the United States and countries around the world, IRC is monitoring this evolving situation closely. Our top priorities are the support and service of our clients and the safety of our team members, their families, and our community.
This is a TEAM effort. We continue to be available to assist you with your roofing needs. It is our mission to provide the best customer service possible while maintaining safe work environments for our customers and employees.
Regarding our Service team, we are particularly well suited to help you given our capabilities:
- Separate building for our Service crews with trucks limited to 2 technicians
- Electronic Communications & Virtual Meetings
- 24/7 Emergency Roof Services
- No Interior Access Needed
- Certified Service Technicians Briefed Regularly on the Rapidly Changing Situation
- Electronic Invoicing & Completed Work Documentation
- Contact/Communication in advance of each service visit
We will support each other and hold each other accountable for maintaining our collective health and safety through the following plan:
- IRC has set up a specific task force. Our Task Force continues to track daily, protocols from the CDC, both nationally and in the States of Maine, NH, and Massachusetts. We will communicate and follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of illness.
- Utilize a consistent protocol for assessing workers’ health and refer to the CDC risk assessment chart as a precautionary guide.
- We are educating employees and following best practices regarding personal hygiene, keeping work areas clean and disinfecting vehicles and workstations, daily.
- Work will be coordinated to ensure proper social distancing
- Crew trucks will have a maximum of 4 team members
- Job sites & Service visits will be accessed by outside means whenever possible limiting interior exposure.
- Guidance has been given to our team as follows:
- Shield coughs and sneezes with tissue, elbow or shoulder. Do not shield with hands.
- Wash hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based sanitizer, particularly after coming in contact with “high touch” areas such as door handles, banisters, railings, levers on toilets, telephones, elevator buttons, and other surfaces frequently used by the public.
- Do not shake hands. We will maintain a “touch-free” environment.
- Refrain from touching your face, particularly nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Avoid people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Shared food and drink or buffet style eating is suspended.
We are supporting employee’s use of their personal, vacation, and sick time. If your job is impacted by a closed worksite, we will work to find other available safe work options.
- We have suspended all non-essential business travel, prohibited travel to CDC Watch-list locations, and canceled upcoming large-group training sessions and conferences.
- All employees who report illness are being asked to stay home and practice Social Distancing.
- Any employees reporting exposure or possible exposure are following the mandated 14-day self -quarantine guidelines.
- We have encouraged our employees to telecommute, employing remote work procedures if their work allows and practice Social Distancing in the community.
- In-person meetings (where distancing cannot be achieved) and group gatherings have been canceled and moved to teleconferencing.
- For those employees still reporting to our office, we have staggered reporting times to eliminate the grouping of employees.
IRC Company leadership will continue to monitor this evolving situation on an ongoing basis, and we will provide additional information as it becomes available.
While we continue to serve and support you, we thank you for your help and understanding as we take the necessary precautions for the well-being of our clients, colleagues, and communities. We plan to remain open during the pandemic. Despite the changes and challenges we all face, we press on and will do our very best to give you the same level of customer service to which you are accustomed.
Should you have any questions, feel free to call me to discuss.